Thursday nights in Athens have always been my favorite night to go out. Reasoning: $1 Yings at Cutters BEST DEAL IN TOWN. One of these thirsty Thursday nights I started talking to the bartender at the time about the music he was playing. I said you got this, or this, and this? He replied no, no, and no. It really started to frustrate him. But then I realized that Cutter's wasn't the typical rap sorority bar, it was something classier than what a lot of the other bars in Athens try to do. Cutter's tries to focus on bringing back the music that you grew up on and on music that was real to the heart unlike the fake glamourous lyrics that are used today. I got deep with the man at the time and before I knew it, we were talking about how both of us had cried at the Elton John & Billy Joel concert. If anyone knows true music, it comes from the instrument and heart of devoting the time to develop a song into a symphony. Turns out that bartender was the owner: Patrick Depaolo. Before I knew it, we exchanged numbers and I've been meeting with him periodically throughout the semester to understand how to better market his bar.
College kids go to bars for cheap drinks, to meet new people, see friends, to dance, and enjoy music they like.
Main College Kids Bar Competitors:
- Boarshead:great location, outdoor area, inside is dirty, bathrooms, tables and seats, and pool tables
- Magnolias:Lots of sorority rap music. They have an upstaris and a downstaris along with an outside area for smokers. "$1-Well Wednesday"
- Allgood:upstairs and a downstairs, room to move, sweet tiki hut outside with diverse music
- 90’es: Nsync, backstreet, and the era of the boy band age.
- Loft: People who have been drinking a lot (lol), dance, dance, and dance.
- Moonshine: upbeat music, recent college graduate bartenders that understand what is popular for college music in Athens
- Sideways-upstairs and downstairs with Magnolias nearby. Have live music now and again that includes great classical music.
Advertising: Advertisements in Athens Banner Herald and Red and Black. Yet, more new media advertising has a strongth opportunity for growth here.
Mondays-$2 Guiness/Irish Whiskey
Thursdays-$ 1 Yuengling Beers
Delivery of pizza from Little Italy to those hungry customers would be great.
Understand that current girls do like trending music artists such as Wiz Khalifa, Eminem, Enrique Iglesias, Jay Cole, Usher, Gucci Mane, Rhianna, and other music that they are able to dance too. Rap is huge for partying in the age of Generation Y.
Appeal more to girls
120 E. Clayton St.
Athens, GA 30601